Dear Wiggly Customer,
Many thanks for your Wiggly Live Mealworm orders and for looking after your garden birds.
Just a little note to say that our live and mini mealworms that were previously in tubs are now in paper bags which hold 120g of mealworms. Thanks for your understanding :)
WHY NOT POTS?
1: We want to reduce our packaging as much as possible. This will reduce packaging by over 100,000 tubs a year.
2. Approximately 91% of plastic is not recycled and plastic takes decades to degrade. (Although we’re sure our wiggly customers do all they can)
3. Our pots aren’t special - any pots with some breathing holes in the lids will do :)
WHY PAPER BAGS?
1: They will help us reduce our packaging impact on the environment.
2: No PLASTIC – just a paper bag which will decompose and can be used in your composter.
3. 85.8% of papers are recycled in the UK, so it’s already a habit for most people.
4. Mealworms will be packaged just as securely for shipping.
5. You can easily make a mealworm storage tub if you need to (see below)
SO WHAT CAN I DO? HOW CAN I PREPARE AND STORE MY MEALWORMS IN THE FUTURE?
The best thing to do for now is to be sure to save and plastic tubs you receive for storing your mealworms in the future. Just give them a clean and a dry and they’ll be perfect to reuse. If you haven’t got any tubs, you can easily make your own mealworm storage tub by taking any clean, dry plastic tub and using a pin to poke a number of breathing holes in the top.
Add some scrunched up newspaper for them to crawl over and eat and you can also add wheat bran and a carrot to keep them for longer.