- Aim to provide and maintain the desired temperature especially during the winter months - Worms work best in a constant temperature which isn’t too hot or too cold, ideally between 15 - 25oC.
- Chop up some of the larger chunks of food so it can be eaten easier.
- Add some extra worms to the existing population.
- Avoid overloading the wormery with waste, if they aren’t keeping up, then don’t add more.
- If your wormery is working well and the worms are breeding, add another tray with some fresh waste and some will move up and get munching.
- A well maintained worm bin should have a pH measurement between 6.0 and 7.0, which is perfect for many types of composting worms.
Order a wormery and supplies here https://www.wigglywigglers.co.uk/collections/worm-composting