Fear of zero-waste life
You have probably heard about the phrase “zero-waste”. This is a visionary goal that leads society to change lifestyles and habits to respect sustainable natural cycles, where all waste can be reused.
Many people may be scared of the phrase, as a quick jump from traditional waste management to a zero-waste life is almost unmanageable. Only when we already decide to start living zero-waste, we notice and understand where all the waste is. Because of this, a feeling of lack of control and helplessness may happen, as a sudden change may even be frightening.
Reuse and recycle
Reusing and recycling are key to living without waste. Waste can be sorted, recycled and composted, and some of it can also be converted into energy.
10 ways to reduce bio-waste
Here are tips for reducing bio-waste to save money and protect the environment:
- Plan your meals and purchases for the entire next week.
- Consider your financial capabilities. Even when buying groceries.
- Check the expiration dates of foods and first consume those that have a shorter shelf life.
- Make sure the refrigerator is organised, as this is the only way to know what is in it.
- Maintain the refrigerator properly, check the seals and the temperature in it.
- Follow the instructions on the packaging when storing food.
- Serve smaller meals. This is better than throwing a larger amount of food in the trash.
- Freeze food if you have any left, and use it again later.
- Be creative and use leftovers instead of throwing it in the trash.
- Compost with Bokashi Organko composters and effective microorganisms. Make sure you return to nature with a first-class compost base.
Are you already familiar with the benefits of Bokashi composting? Read more on our website and see why Bokashi Organko is the right product for you.