- Bird boxes should face between north and south-east.
- Place nest boxes at least 2 metres above the ground to protect against predators like cats.
- Most species of garden birds prefer to nest in isolation, so place your boxes at least 15 metres apart. Sparrows, however, are communal, and like to nest in adjacent boxes.
- Avoid any disturbance in the spring or early summer. Disturb as little as possible at other times as birds often like to roost in nest boxes, especially in the winter.
- If you would like to clean out your bird box in preparation for next year‚Äôs nest, do so around September time to be sure that all nesting activity has finished.
View our full range of nesting solutions here