Here’s why you might start growing Microgreens in your kitchen.
- Healthy eating: Microgreens are packed with nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Adding microgreens to your meals can help boost your immune system, improve digestion, and reduce inflammation.
- Cost-effective: Microgreens can be expensive to purchase at the supermarket, but growing them at home is a cost-effective way to enjoy fresh, nutrient-rich greens. You can grow them in small containers on your kitchen worktop or windowsill without the need for a large outdoor garden.
- Easy to grow: Microgreens are easy to grow and require very little space, time, or maintenance. They can be grown year-round, regardless of the weather conditions outside. You can harvest them in as little as two weeks and enjoy fresh, delicious greens with minimal effort.
- Sustainable: Growing microgreens at home eliminates the need for transportation, refrigeration, and packaging, which all contribute to greenhouse gas emissions.
- Tasty: Microgreens have a concentrated flavour and aroma that can add depth and complexity to your meals. They are versatile and can be used as a garnish, added to salads, sandwiches, soups, smoothies, and more.
All in all – our Wiggly conclusion is… a worthwhile and easy way to eat healthy and save money. Order your Microgreens Kit here https://www.wigglywigglers.co.uk/products/microgreens
PS Yes you can compost the leftovers in your Bokashi Kit or your Wormery.