In Your Kitchen:
- Efficient Food Waste Management: Tackle kitchen scraps effectively, minimising waste and reducing your carbon footprint.
- Odourless Composting Solution: Enjoy an indoor or outdoor friendly, smell-free composting experience.
- Time-Efficient: Seamlessly integrate composting into your routine in under 5 minutes per week.
- Sustainable Practice: Contribute to an eco-conscious lifestyle by reducing waste and carbon emissions.
- Easy and Practical: Designed for ease, these kits are perfect for composting novices.
- Space-Efficient: Ideal for small indoor spaces, making them apartment-friendly.
In Your Garden:
- Rapid Soil Conditioning: Transform waste into a valuable soil conditioner in a matter of weeks.
- Enhanced Soil Health: Enrich your garden soil with essential nutrients for healthier plant growth and tastier veg.
- Eco-Friendly Gardening: Nurture your garden naturally and sustainably.
- Reduced Chemical Use: Lower the need for artificial fertilisers, fostering an organic gardening approach.
- Improved Water Retention: Enhance your soil’s moisture-holding capacity.
- Boosted Plant Resilience: Fortify plants against diseases and pests with healthier soil.
Used with Bokashi Active Bran, this system ferments and pickles your food waste in less than half the time of conventional composting methods without odours.
Dimensions of a bucket 2 x (H x W x L): 390 x 270 x 320 mm, capacity 2 x 16L, Filling time 1 month
This complete Bokashi composter starter set includes:
- 2 composter bins
- 2 x drainage tap
- 2 x lid
- 2 x strainer
- mashing utensil
- drain cup
- user guide
Choose from two options on the dropdown above The FULL kit with 2kg of Bokashi or for even more value The FULL kit with 5kg of Bokashi!
Made of 100% recycled plastic, Made in Slovenia (EU)
Bokashi Organico set is suitable for households with their own composter or garden, who wish for the fermentation process to proceed to the final stage in the composter. The double set comprises two bokashi buckets, which enable to dump the organic wastes in the second bucket after the first one is full and ready for the fermentation process for the next 14 days.
With the help of the effective organisms, present in the bran, the decomposition process is, therefore, longer and undisturbed. At the end of the fermentation process, the contents of the first bucket can be disposed onto the compost pile or buried into the ground, where they transform themselves into high-quality compost in only four weeks.
You can obtain as much as 3 new products with Bokashi: 100% natural fertilizer. The basis for first-class compost. Natural drain cleaning and maintenance agent.
Your veg will be ever so appreciative of the extra nutrients in the soil :)
Our standard delivery charge is £3.95
(Next Day delivery is £5.95)
*GB mainland only and other exclusions apply. Please see below for full details.
|Royal Mail (Live Orders)
|Next Working Day Delivery
|Mainland UK (excludes highlands)
|Falkirk, Aberdeen Perth Kirkwall Paisley and Inverness Areas (not islands), Isle of Man and Isle of Wight
|For Scottish Islands, Outer Hebrides, Kilmarnock area, Paisley area, Chanel Islands and Northern Ireland
All our orders are now despatched from our farm here in Herefordshire and so we’ve made a few changes. We will always despatch orders as soon as possible, but we do offer a next day delivery service (some restrictions apply) for those urgent orders.
Wiggly Standard Delivery (3 - 5 day delivery) £3.95 within mainland Britain
If you don't mind when your order arrives... (within reason of course) Choose standard delivery and we will despatch your order with the best option for us. This may be APC Overnight, DPD or Royal Mail. You need to allow 2 - 5 days for delivery, and we can post to anywhere in mainland Britain. See below if you are in Highlands and Islands.
Next Week Day delivery for £5.95 to mainland Britain
If you need a guaranteed Next Day delivery then please choose the Next Day delivery option. If you order on a Friday then the delivery will be with you on the following Monday. Please note there are no deliveries on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays. You must order before 1pm for your order to be sent to arrive the following working day. If you order after 1pm then your order will be shipped on the next working day.
Important - Highlands and Islands
IF your order contains JUST live worms and is under 2 kilos - whether that’s composting worms, wax worms or mealworms you will have the option in the checkout to choose standard delivery at £3.95. This is because we can use Royal Mail for this service. Otherwise you will see the extra cost options for a courier to deliver your package – please note there is no guaranteed next day service to these areas so please allow extra time and track your package for information.
For Falkirk, Aberdeen Perth Kirkwall Paisley and Inverness Areas (not islands), Isle of Man and Isle of Wight the charge is £14.95
AB37-38 AB41-56 FK 17-21 IV1- 40 IV52-54 IV63 KW1-14 PA21-40 PA80 PH15-50 IM1-9 IM86-87 IM99 PO30-41)
For Scottish Islands, Outer Hebrides, Kilmarnock area, Paisley area, Chanel Islands and Northern Ireland the charge is £19.95
HS1-9 IV41-56 KA27-28 KW15-17 PA20 PA41-78 PH42-44 ZE1-3 BT1-99 JE1-5 GY1-10)
Damaged or Faulty Goods
In the unlikely event that you receive an item that is damaged or faulty, we can offer a full refund within 60 days of the customer receiving the order. We simply require photographic evidence of the damaged/faulty item with tracking number within 7 days.
To return a damaged or faulty item is free of charge, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address & order number and our customer service team will advise on the easiest way to send.
Once the item has been received and inspected by our customer care team, you will be notified that a refund has been issued and feel free to order the item again from our website.
In the case of LIVE WORMS these can’t be returned so in the unlikely event that they have arrived damaged please take a photo on the same day and send that photo straight away to our team email@example.com with a description of what the problem is and ensure you include your name, address and order number.
Once the photograph and description has been looked over by our customer care team they will get back to you to advise or issue a replacement or refund.
Returning an Order
Sometimes it just doesn’t work out. We get that. If you’ve changed your mind and want to cancel your order, we ask that you contact our sales team and return the item in its original packaging within 60 days to:
Wiggly Wigglers Lower Blakemere Farm, Blakemere, Herefordshire HR2 9PX
Unfortunately, we aren’t able to cover the cost of returning unwanted items, so the postage cost of returning these items is the responsibility of the customer. Please ensure that you obtain proof of posting as items being returned are the responsibility of the customer until the items reach our farm.
Once the item has been received and inspected by our customer care team, you will be notified that your refund has been issued. Please note the item must be returned with the original packaging, as new, unused, and free of defects.
Of course if you cancel your order before the items are shipped out a refund will be issued right away.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any further information.
Why buy Wiggly?
- Two Decades of Expertise: Benefit from Wiggly Wigglers' 20 years of experience in perfecting Bokashi compost.
- Reliable Customer Support: Access expert advice and support for all your composting needs.
- User-Friendly Composition: The dry nature of Wiggly Wigglers’ Bokashi is packed with micro-organisms and ensures ease of use.
- Customisable Composting: Flexibility to create your own Bokashi bins to suit your specific needs.
What do I need to get started?
Using a Bokashi composting kit with two containers is an efficient and effective way to manage kitchen waste and maintain a continuous composting cycle, whether you're living alone or with a family. Here's why this dual-bucket system is beneficial:
Continuous Composting Cycle: When you have two buckets, you can keep the composting process ongoing. While one bucket is being filled with new kitchen scraps, the other is in the fermentation stage. This setup ensures there's no downtime in your composting routine. For an average family it will take between 2 and 4 weeks to fill one of the containers.
Fermentation Process: Bokashi composting is unique in that it ferments the kitchen waste rather than decomposing it right away. This fermentation process requires the waste to be sealed off from air for a couple of weeks. During this time, beneficial microbes break down the waste, making it ready for the next stage of decomposition. Having one bucket sealed and fermenting while you start filling the second bucket is a practical way to manage this process.
Size and Household Needs: The size of the Bokashi bucket you choose can depend on the amount of kitchen waste your household produces.
Efficiency: The two-bucket system enables you to ferment one bucket whilst filling the next so helps controll odours and pests - the sealed lid on the fermenting bucket prevents any smells from escaping and keeps pests away.
Ease of Use: This system is designed to be user-friendly. Once the first bucket is full and fermenting, you can simply start adding waste to the second bucket without any interruption to your daily routine.
- For Single Users or Small Households: A smaller bucket size might be sufficient, as the amount of waste generated will be less. This size allows for easier handling and space efficiency.
- For Families or Larger Households: A larger bucket or more frequent rotation between buckets may be necessary to accommodate the greater volume of kitchen waste. This ensures that there’s always enough space to add new scraps while the other batch is fermenting. You can always buy an extra bucket to add into the rotation if you find you are filling them too fast (a standard Bokashi kit usually works for a family of 4-6 even if they are vegetarian).
I use a small kitchen caddy which is fixed to the inside of the unit under my sink. This means I ALWAYS recycle all my food waste – from coffee grounds to teabags, plate waste including meat and fish scraps and then I simply take the caddy out to the porch where my Bokashi Bins are situated.
In summary, a two-bucket Bokashi composting kit is an excellent choice for efficient waste management, suitable for individuals, small households, or larger families. It ensures a continuous, hassle-free composting cycle, making it a practical and sustainable approach to managing kitchen waste.
Choosing Bokashi kits and compost from Wiggly Wigglers means embracing a practical, eco-friendly approach to waste management. It’s not just about creating better soil; it’s about contributing to a healthier planet.
What is Bokashi?
Bokashi is a Japanese word meaning Ferment, and Bokashi Coomposting (which technically is pre composting – fermenting) is a method pioneered by Dr Teruo Higa a professor at the University of Ryukyus in Okinawa. It offers an innovative and sustainable approach to organic waste management. This anaerobic fermentation does differ from traditional composting methods. In Bokashi composting, kitchen scraps and other organic materials are placed in a sealed bin along with our special Bokashi Active Bran, rich in effective microorganisms. These microbes facilitate a fermentation process, breaking down the waste material without the presence of oxygen.
The fermentation process in Bokashi composting offers several advantages. It rapidly decomposes a wide range of food waste including items not typically suitable for traditional compost piles, like meats, fish, and dairy products. This method is particularly effective for transforming plate waste, as it safely ferments items that would otherwise attract pests and emit unpleasant rotting and smells. The best part is that the resulting compost is amazingly nutrient-rich, significantly benefiting soil health and plant growth.
Here is a list of items that can be effectively composted in a Bokashi kit – your new kitchen composting bin…
- Fruit and Vegetable Scraps: Including peels and cores.
- Meat and Fish: Safe composting of these typically challenging items.
- Dairy Products: Cheese, yogurt, and other dairy leftovers.
- Processed Foods: Including cooked and uncooked leftovers.
- Tea Bags and Coffee Grounds: Great nitrogen sources for the compost.
- Eggshells: Providing valuable minerals.
- Bread and Grains: Ideal for stale or moldy items.
- Small Bones: Which are broken down in the Bokashi process.
Bokashi composting is an eco-friendly solution that not only reduces household waste but also enriches the soil with nutrient-dense compost. Its unique fermentation process, rooted in Dr. Higo's pioneering work in Japan, makes it an invaluable tool for sustainable waste management and soil enhancement.
What does the finished Bokashi look like once I have fermented the waste?
Bokashi will not look like traditional brown, friable compost. Do not be alarmed! Bokashi is a unique composting method that differs in several ways:
Appearance: Finished Bokashi is often dark, moist, and can contain visible food scraps. It doesn't have the typical appearance of decomposed organic matter like traditional compost. It’s more like pickled food – it will smell cidery, or more like vinegar.
Texture: Bokashi tends to be more compact and may not be as friable as traditional compost. It can be really sticky or clumpy texture due to the fermentation process.
Mould: Mould formation in your Bokashi kit occurs due to the presence of spores on food scraps, thriving in the low-oxygen, anaerobic environment created when the kit is sealed. The moulds that develop during Bokashi fermentation are harmless and show that the process is working well.
There are significant benefits to using Bokashi in your garden soil. The fermentation process effectively breaks down organic matter, neutralises harmful pathogens, and enriches the soil with nutrients and beneficial microorganisms. Over time, the Bokashi will continue to break down and mix in with the soil, improving its overall health and fertility. If you have concerns about the appearance, you can mix it into your garden soil or traditional compost. Once it's exposed to air it will really quickly blend it in and achieve a more friable texture.
What do I do with the finished product?
Once your Bokashi fermentation process is done and dusted, you can utilise the finished product to enhance your soil in several ways, reaping various benefits:
- Soil Amendment: Incorporate the fermented Bokashi directly into your garden soil as a natural soil conditioner.
- Composting Boost: Mix it with your traditional compost pile to accelerate decomposition and enrich the compost.
- Nutrient Enrichment: The Bokashi adds essential nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium to the soil.
- Improved Soil Structure: It enhances soil structure, promoting better water retention and aeration.
- Microbial Activity: Beneficial microorganisms in Bokashi improve soil health and break down organic matter.
- Pest Repellent: It can deter some pests due to its acidic nature.
- Odour Control: Reduces foul odors in your compost or soil.
Overall, using finished fermented Bokashi enhances soil fertility, supports plant growth, and contributes to a healthier and more productive garden.
Can I make my own Bokashi Tea?
Not for drinking but certainly as a fertiliser. You can dilute the drained liquid with water and this is a nutrient rich feed for garden or house plants. Use a cup full in a watering can as it’s pretty strong stuff.
DID YOU KNOW?
Bokashi liquid can be used as a natural cleaning agent for drains and septic systems, as the beneficial microorganisms help break down organic matter and prevent smells
The Wiggly Story: Bringing Your Garden to Life.
Nestled in the heart of rural Herefordshire, within The Duchy of Cornwall estate lies Lower Blakemere Farm – the cherished home of Wiggly Wigglers and founder, Heather Gorringe. From its humble beginnings on Heather’s kitchen table over 30 years ago, our small but dedicated team is working hard on a legacy of sustainability and regeneration. Our farm isn’t merely a plot of land; it’s a dynamic hub where we’re aiming to balance food production with biodiversity and since we started our regenerative journey there’s a real focus on improving soil health and sustainability. Beyond our own endeavours, we’re passionate about sharing best practices and developing products designed to Bring your Garden to life.
The Wiggly Promise
At Wiggly Wigglers, it’s not just about sales (though we appreciate your orders and support for the farm!).
We’re here to offer a range of sustainable solutions that add fun to composting, boost biodiversity, and make bring your home and garden to live, whilst making the world just a little bit greener.
- Trusted: We’ve been here for over 30 years, with over 100,000 orders shipped.
- Try our products: We have a risk free 60 Day No Quibble Returns policy.
- Great Value: Buy Direct - we grow, mix, pack and ship direct from our farm in Herefordshire.