We all know we can’t just change the World in a day, but there is an easy step that we can take to make a real difference. Home composting, and composting inside the home is a great way to save money, create a more environmentally friendly home, and radically improve the quality of your soil.
Benefits of a Bokashi INDOOR Composting (you can site your Bokashi outside if you prefer – mine is in the porch).
- Easy to do.
- Doesn’t require worms.
- Doesn’t attract creepy crawlers or pests.
- Nearly all food waste can be composted.
- Low Maintenance
What’s particularly good about the system is once it’s set up it’s very cheap to run, and yet you will get free nutrient rich fertiliser for life! When you add the fermented finished product to your garden you will add lots of nutrients to your soil and it helps retail moisture so less watering is needed.
Reduce Your Environmental Footprint
- Minimise carbon dioxide emissions used for transportation of food waste.
- You will reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill.
- Reduce your carbon footprint… Bokashi fermentation doesn’t involve oxygen in the waste breakdown process, therefore it reduces greenhouse gas production.
Improve Your Soil
- Composting using Bokashi recycles essential nutrients back into the earth improving soil quality.
- When you use Bokashi it helps your plants develop a natural immune system.
- It helps to improve water retention in sandy soils.
- Bokashi compost improves organic matter and nutrients increasing plant growth and better yields.
There’s no negatives I can think of with Bokashi (except it doesn’t make a lovely dark brown crumbly end product (you will need worms for that)
I know for people struggling with their mental health the five first things that are recommended are:
- Help someone else.
- Spend time outdoors.
- Listen to music.
- Have a new experience.
- Spend time with people you like.
I’d like to add to this list…
START COMPOSTING… it makes use of waste, and turns it into something brilliant, and you can do it at home – in the house if you want to. In short it makes you feel GOOD.
Order a Bokashi Kit Today https://www.wigglywigglers.co.uk/collections/bokashi-composting
#compost #composting #bokashi #kitchencomposting #foodcomposting #greenliving #ecolife #wigglywigglers #foodwaste #fertiliser