Hannah‚Äôs been busy with her paper potter and above you can see the leek seedlings coming along nicely.
This month‚Äôs gardening tips from Hannah are:
- March is a good time to lift and divide perennial plants.
- Plant summer flower bulbs in pots in the greenhouse.
- Prune last year‚Äôs growth on summer flowering clematis.
- Plant early varieties of seed potatoes.
- You just have time to plant out bare-rooted trees over the next week or so.
- Protect blossom on peach and nectarine trees from frost and, if in a greenhouse, hand-pollinate with a soft brush.
- Mulch the base of trees with a layer of garden compost, but avoid the trunks as it could cause the bark to rot.
- Tidy ponds by clearing up any plant debris on the margins, remove leaves from the water and plant marginals.
- Sow celery seeds in pots this month and next in the greenhouse.
← Older Post
Newer Post →