Hannah‚Äôs still busy digging in the Wiggly Wigglers garden and was caught on camera by Farmer Phil this week. She‚Äôs battled against gales and harsh frosts, but has made good progress.
Here are Hannah‚Äôs suggestions for garden jobs for February:
- Clean the glass (inside and out) on your greenhouse or cold frame.
- Give your polytunnel a bit of a clean, like Hedgewizard who has come up with an ingenious method that involves a piece of rope, tennis balls and an old sheet.
- Sow parsnip, broad beans and early carrot seeds under cover in a cold frame or cloche.
- Plant bare rooted trees and hedging plants.
- Now is a good time to relocate plants, including splitting and moving them.
- It‚Äôs also a good time to cut some hazel sticks ready to support your bean and pea plants later in the year.
- You can also enrich your soil and use that lovely compost from your Can-o-Worms wormery or compost heap. Spread a layer over the ground and either let the earthworms do the work or lightly fork into your soil ready for spring planting.